George Fournier is our guest on this special edition episode of the Social Slice podcast.
In this episode, we cover:
- How tech companies can organize a supply drive to benefit devastated communities affected by natural disasters
- What the Information Technology Disaster Resource Center does and how you can provide assistance
- List of charity resources
- How Hurricane Harvey has impacted our special guests and my co-host
- #AVGivesBack and how to stay involved
KEY TAKEAWAY: Donate and look for opportunities to volunteer. The recovery and re-building process will be lengthy so there will be plenty of time to get involved.
Resources: Salvation Army, United Way Houston, SPCA of Texas, Louisiana SPCA, Houston Humane Society, Humane Society of Louisiana, JJ Watt Foundation
To donate to ITDRC, visit their website ITDRC.org or send your donation to ITDRC Attn: Joe Hillis PO Box 79146 Fort Worth, TX 76179.
About our Guest: George Fournier is a 30 year audiovisual veteran, Senior Sales Engineer at FSR, Inc., a 30+ year volunteer firefighter, survivor of Hurricanes Irene and Sandy, a NYC 9/11 rescue and recovery volunteer, and founder of @AVGivesBack
BIG shout out to our Episode 03 Special Guest, Wes Schaeffer for his dedication & support! He came from California to help out and has raised well over $15k for victims in Texas!
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and we read each one.
- Also, this will automatically enter you into our drawing for a GoPro 4K Hero 5 Black Camera that we’re giving away at the end of Season 1!
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for an opportunity to win a pizza party for your office or family at the end of Season 1!